Vision and Mission
Grow students’ interest and competency in ICT literacy skills and provide opportunities for students to appreciate the applications of computer technology and use of software application packages to perform meaningful tasks.
Aim of the syllabus:
- Acquire skills in using a variety of application software and associated computer hardware to accomplish tasks, communicate, and facilitate activities.
- Develop an awareness of how computing technology is used in the home, school, workplace and community.
- Appreciate the role computers play in everyday life and recognise the impact computers have on society and people.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Enrichment programme at Temasek Polytechnic
Make IT Fun - Learn Coding, Build Your Own Game!
- Scratch Workshop For Primary School @ BGSS
Sec 3T1 students applied what they have learnt in class and coached a group of students from Eunos primary school on how to create a simple animation using the Scratch software.
Through this activity, students learnt that a lesson needs to be crafted in a deliberate manner and communicated to the audience at their levels. They also came to realise that the job of a teacher is not as easy as it seems. The primary school students were very enthusiastic in their learning and were very forthcoming in their questions.
Overall, the students enjoyed the session and the teachers look forward to another fruitful session next year!
Useful links for CPA: