A community of competent and innovative ICT users
Secondary 1 Training
- Microsoft Office
- School Learning Management System (LMS)
- Google Apps
Secondary 2 Training
- Adobe Photoshop
- Scratch Programming
- Adobe Flash
ICT Goals aligned to school’s Strategic Thrusts (STs)
1. To inculcate independent & collaborative learning skills among students using ICT
2. To promote integrated & innovative approach to engage students through the use of ICT
3. To equip teachers and students with skills and knowledge to use ICT ethically & responsibly with confidence and competence
4. To create opportunities for teachers to lead, innovate, collaborate and share through ICT activities
To promote the effective use of ICT, especially the e-learning portal, in teaching & learning through training and sharing. To assess level of ICT use through BY(i)TES assessment.
Curriculum & Assessment
- ICT is infused into the school curriculum of core subjects. Pupils have the opportunity to use various ICT tools to enhance their learning, such as blogs, podcasts, games, Interactive Whiteboard and dataloggers.
- Computer Applications is offered to all Normal Technical pupils. This is a compulsory subject which enables them to acquire basic software application skills to appreciate the use of computers in everyday life. Digital Art is offered to Secondary 3 Normal Technical pupils to introduce pupils to the use of technology in the creation of Art.
- Moodle, a Learning Management System is used to provide e-learning to pupils. It consists of various features for monitoring and assessment of pupils’ understanding.
- BGSS Google Apps is used to provide a collaborative platform for learning.
- All Secondary 1 and 2 students undergo ICT-in-Music and ICT-in-Art programmes to encourage creativity in the learning of Music and Art.
- They also undergo ICT Training to equip them with ICT skills to meet the Baseline ICT Standards and to prepare them to live in a technological age. Secondary 2 students are required to sit for an ICT Proficiency Test to ensure they attained the Baseline ICT Standards.
Teachers form Professional Learning Teams to create lesson packages to engage students in learning. ICT tools are used to support curriculum integration, innovation, collaboration and sharing.
The following Action Research Projects conducted by the 2009 ICT Interest Groups were selected for sharing at international and national platforms: Paper Presentation, “Exploring Earthquakes through the Internet and Geographic Information System” by Mr Teo Chai Lai, Mr Tan Chai Choon, Miss Jolene Lim Hui Xian and Mr Lim Wee Keong at the International Conference in Teaching & Learning with Technology 2010 Mar 4-5, Suntec Singapore. The same paper is also featured in the ICT Connection as an ICT lesson exemplar.
Poster presentation, “Learn Physics in Game show style” by Mr David Lim and Mr Teo Chun Min presented at the same conference as well as for MOE Excel Fest 2010 Mar 5-6, Suntec Singapore.
Communications & Administration
The school staff uses ICON for email communication.
Announcements and feedback from staff and students are done through AsknLearn portal and BGSS Google Apps.
Administrative and teaching resources are shared amongst staff through the school’s Intranet and school portal.
Infrastructure & Support.
The school has 4 Computer Labs and 3 ITR rooms. Each classroom is equipped with a visualiser and LCD projector.
The MRL supports the use of all the educational software resources of the school.
A team of ICT staff provides support on use of ICT with help from Class ICT Representatives (2 per class) to provide classroom support for teachers in the use of ICT equipment.